Thursday, April 5, 2012

Going paleo, yippee!

My amazing husband just read my first two posts, and boy, is he delighted to be referred to as amazing! Being in the room with him as he was reading the posts was odd. I obviously wanted him to read those posts, but it wasn't until about an hour later that I finally found out what he thought about them. I was too afraid to ask him what he thought, but I don't really know why. Perhaps it's because I've mentioned some of my goals before, but only in passing. I don't think either of us thought I/we would follow up on them. And now that they are posted here, we both feel obligated to stick to them (and excited about the prospect!). And, how amazing is he to read my semi-secret goals for us, and tell me, Yes! Let's do this.

So, Chris and I vow to plan our meals and eat a Paleo diet with influences that would please Gillian McKeith. We also vow to eat at restaurants only on special occasions. How exciting! I can't wait to start our meal plans. Chris has already warned me that he will need honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Yum Yum, bring it on. Oh, I should add that anyone who knows me well will not be surprised to hear that I plan to concentrate on eating more fish, vegetables, and fruit. I'm not a big fan of meat.

The trick will be to eat seasonal, local foods. But if Chris is willing to forgo his cereal and bread for his sandwiches, then we can work in eating seasonally and locally once we've become accustomed to our Paleo lifestyle.

And now for something completely different. . . Chris also shared with me that his next computer will be a Mac. Yay! Good news all around. :)

Btw: I adore Gillian McKeith of You Are What You Eat fame. Talk about a motivator!


P.S.  Oh, I forgot to tell you!  The next morning, after Chris read this and agreed to the whole Paleo-thing, he woke me up at 6.45 am asking if we could get breakfast.  And knowing that we weren't eating out, he said we should go to the grocery store and get honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and watermelon.  yum yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment