Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kickin' it through the goal posts

This post was intended for yesterday, but regrettably I had a bangin' migraine, and sitting in front of the computer was just not an option.  I'm just thankful that my boss understands when I have to take a half day to sit in silence in a dark room!

So my goals for this week aren't very sexy.  This week won't be all that different than most weeks.

Goal 1.  Only expenses will be the dentist and grocery store (and now Lowe's for a post for our bird feeder and probably the local landscape store for mulch).
Goal 2.  Continue the Insanity workouts the rest of the this week.
Goal 3.  Enjoy eating primarily local foods consisting mainly of fruits and vegetables with maybe some meat.

I plan to keep to no more than three goals a week.  Adding more than 3 may feel limiting and too much pressure.

It's funny, every time I plan to limit my spending, Chris comes up with these amazing projects to work on (that are needed) to spend our money.  I mean, it's hard to argue that we don't need mulch.  So I think some of our funds will go towards the yard.  I love owning a house, but geesh, when you're trying to save money it can be a real drain. 

So, how did we do last week with our expenses?  Well, together Chris and I ate out twice, once for breakfast ($8.85) and once for supper ($29.40).  I ate out twice for lunch (totaling $21.46) and Chris ate out twice for lunch (totaling $36.19; although, one of these lunches was a business contact and Chris paid for both their lunches).  So, how much money did we spend last week eating out?  $95.90.  ouch.  That's an expensive week.  The money would be better spent at the grocery store, especially considering the plastic containers that my lunches came in!


No comments:

Post a Comment